Sunday, February 16, 2014

Deconstructed sketch 138: Pucker up

Hi everyone!
It's already mid February and I realize how terribly neglected our blog has gotten.  I can only post about 1-2 times a week with my crazy schedule.  Kathy has a bunch of cards ready to post but she's been having a banger of a year already.  Between feeling low with Schmitzy going towards the Rainbow Bridge, excessive bad weather keeping them busy outside and not being able to get in her room for a while…she now has found out that her dear friend Kathy has been diagnosed with pretty advanced liver cancer.  I know this woman--but not well like Kathy does.  (they're both named Kathy…not a typo).  She started Out of the Woods Rescue in Arkansas…taking in all the dogs that the competing rescues didn't want.  All donations (yes 100%) went to the dogs so Kathy was doing this completely on her own time (and often dime).  She is a good good soul and I just hope she will be one of those miracles you hear about where she beats this.  I will be making her a card this week to hopefully cheer her up.  In the meantime, Kathy is trying to help with Out of the Woods and is spending time with Kathy.  She will be back soon...

In the meantime, I am posting today a card for my daughter Claudia.  Yes it is a late Valentine's Day card but there simply wasn't time to make it on time… and sleep.  Anyway, I found this wonderful sketch on Deconstructed Sketch (#138)…you should check out that blog because there are some beautiful cards using this sketch.  I've decided my favorite type of challenge is the sketch type challenges.  The challenges that don't have sketches, like "use blue and pink" blow my mind--I think I'm not creative enough so I need more structure.  LOL.  Even if I do that, I still need to find a sketch.  I absolutely love sketches.

Well, I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We are having beautiful sunny skies, not a cloud visible, dry and 70's--can it please just stay like this forever? …hard to believe just less than 2 weeks ago we had -22!

Well, thanks for stopping by--if you have not forgotten us. :)  Have a good week and I know this week I will keep the blog going a bit more as I made several cards last night to share (and all my huge deadlines were last week).

Details:
Stamps: Greeting Farm (Anya), Stamping Up (love heart and i {heart} u), Stampendous (kiss), Papertrey Ink (big heart) and A Muse Artstamps (pucker up)
Paper: Doodlebug
Fishtail die: MFT
Other: Swarovski Crystals, Stickles




1 comment: