Monday, November 18, 2013

With sympathy

Hi folks,
My father is doing a bit better today but still is not being released from the hospital.  It's been a nerve wracking few days...

This has been quite a year with sympathy cards as well.  Yet another one posted here today that will be going out soon for Kathy.  She adopted a precious little pooch who had a hard life, was a senior dog when he came to her, but had the privilege of spending his last year in this very loving home.  Seriously folks, you have no idea what an angel my blogmate is.  She volunteers her time with the local rescue and she and her husband take in all these homeless animals and then bring them back to life where they are completely rehabilitated and completely change in the way they look and act.  They live in HEAVEN.  In Nirvana.  Schmitzy, may he rest in peace, didn't know what treats were or what it meant to play when he came to Kathy's home.  He didn't even know what it was like to be loved on.  He made a 180 turnaround, had a great life for a few months, and then became ill...and then it went downhill from there as it was one thing after another (if you can remember).

I never had the opportunity to meet Schmitzy as I had already moved away, but he was a real character from what I hear.  It is never easy to say goodbye to your four legged family member...they just live too short.

I used the sketch from Sketchbook Saturday #285.  It is a lovely sketch and really lends itself well to a sentiment as the highlight of the card.   The card really reminds me of Schmitzy--he was grey, and was very subdued and low maintenace...but he was surrounded by lots of love.  I don't remember where this template comes from, but it is a piercing template I picked up at the stamp store.  It is very intricate work...but I hope you agree well worth it (see closeup).

Details:
Stamps: Hero Arts (Sentiment) and Scrappy Cat (pawprint)
Paper: Stella Rose by My Mind's Eye
Punch/dies: Martha Stewart (edge), MFT (fishtail) , Stampin Up (heart)
Other: Paw print is embossed in brown, liquid pearls, and Swarovski crystals



4 comments:

  1. Very sweet Margaret and thank you for visiting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Margaret. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your dad. Hoping things are improving. I've just sent you an email about your guest slot on my CHNC challenge extra for December - look forward to hearing from you x

    ReplyDelete