Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Balloon Ride

I'm back.  I know it has been awhile.  We had to put sweet Schmitzy to sleep last week and that zapped all the creativity out of me.  He was estimated to be 11 or 12, though we don't know for sure.  We do know that whoever had him before did nothing with him.  He didn't want to be touched and he did not understand any words.  Here's our sweet boy who only spent a year and a half with us but stole our hearts. 


He learned so much in the short time he was with us and he taught us so much, as well.
Rest in peace, sweet Schmitzy.  
You have no more pain and we envision you running like the wind.

I made a very lighthearted card for my return to the blog.


It's a From the Heart image and the sketch is theirs, as well.  I used Doodlebug dp and DCWV cs.  Clouds and fishtail are MFT dies and I used nesties for the image, which is colored with copics.  I used sparkly chalk on the clouds and Spicas on the balloons for glimmer, but it's hard to see in the photo. 

Sketch044

I am also entering the following challenges:

Partytime Tuesday - anything goes
Songbird - Die another day
Get Inky - Onward and Upward

Thanks for stopping by.  Margaret and I will be posting sporadically during the holidays and will return in January on a regular basis.

kathy b

4 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your dog, a pet is always missed no matter how long they have been with you. Love your card, the colors are all so wonderful and I love those clouds floating outside the box! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. It is so sweet and so happy with both the paper you chose and the stamp. I see now up close that these are mice…LOL. Beautiful photo of Schmitzy. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, lovely image... Thanks for sharing it with us at PTT...

    ReplyDelete