Saturday, October 12, 2013

With heartfelt sympathy

Hello folks,
Kathy is away at the agility trial this weekend.  It's been a long week for both of us.

My card today is a sympathy card for my friend's mom.  Her dad died this week.  I am close with this family so it has been hard.  Lots of memories.  I remember when I was just a stupid kid and he would come visit us at college and he and I would banter.  Good times.

I used the Sketchbook Saturday #107 challenge for inspiration and I am quite pleased with how this card turned out.  The paper is just lovely--the picture doesn't do it justice (It's Stella Rose by My Minds Eye).  I will be back tomorrow with another card...til then, enjoy!  Thanks for stopping by. Margaret

Details:
Stamp: Stampin Up
Dies: Spellbinders and MFT
Paper: Stella Rose by My Mind's Eye
Other: Stickles







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards for such a sad occasion Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. The trim on top is gorgeous.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful butterfly. It looks so elegant atop those lovely papers. I'm sure Andrea's mom will love the thoughtfulness that went into your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss! A truly beautiful card to let them know you care and remember. xx

    ReplyDelete