Thursday, August 1, 2013

You are precious to me

Hi everyone,
It's hard to believe school is about to hit.  Been working hard and as a result my mojo has been WAY down today.  I really need to make a few birthday cards, but the brain was empty.  Do you know how that is sometimes?  So I decided to just make something simple while still play with new things.

I was rummaging through my stash and found this stamp that I have never used before.  It's from Inkadinkadoo--are they even in business anymore?  It's a beautiful heart and then I placed it on top of a Cheery Lynn die.  I actually used to have this die in a smaller size but had to return it because it just wouldn't cut no matter how many shims I put in.  This one cut out beautifully!  So I guess the lesson here is don't settle for a die that doesn't cut..it must have a defect.

It's really hard to see the shimmery detail of this card in the photo, but the die cut is actually a lovely shimmery pink and the heart is embossed in Dragon Red Stampendous Embossing powder so it is SPARKLY!  I figured less is more for this and just a simple little sentiment in the center.  WIll probably be sneaking this into the girls' backpack at some point during the year. :)

Well thanks for stopping by.  Since I'll be out of commission all next week (teaching a 40 hour course--I'm tired just thinking about it), I will be posting today through Sunday so Kathy can get her cards done without being overly overwhelmed.  Will see you tomorrow!  Margaret






1 comment:

  1. WOw, that doesn't look like red dragon in the photo! It looks pink! Very pretty and will be well received, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete