Saturday, August 31, 2013

Belated Manly Birthday

Hello everyone!
Margaret here.  Coming back slowly from a 2 week hiatus--my classes started and I've been having construction going on in my house--with no access to the art room.  I was so excited to get in there today but had one unfortunate surprise: DUST  EVERYWHERE.  Dust on every stamp, every ink pad, every marker...WHOA.  I was overwhelmed to say the least.  All this and the area was taped off.  So I'll be working on getting that place cleaned up while I get myself back into stamping.

I thought I'd take it easy easing my way back in...usually if I haven't created anything in a while, I spill the embossing powder, put paper together crookedly, cut wrong...you know Murphy's Law of Stamping! LOL.  Wasn't too bad today though.  I was inspired by Challenge #40 Double for CAS Colours and Sketches Blog.  It is a double challenge: a sketch and colors of dark blue (Night of Navy), light blue (Marina Mist) and white (Whisper White).  Gave me another chance to use more mandalas. :)  This card is for my brother in law and it is belated...it is always so hard to create for a man!  But I think between the colors and the pattern, it works really well.

Thanks for stopping by today--it fees good to be back!  Margaret

Details:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse (mandala) and Papertrey (Sentiment)
Other: Light blue bling in middle of mandala (Hobby Lobby); Stampendous Embossing Powder  in Detail White



4 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Great use of the colors & sketch. Love the stamp images! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colors & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing, you are so good with mandalas,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning - great use of both the sketch and colours. Thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossed mandelas are so pretty! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete