Friday, July 12, 2013

Fight Like a Girl

I am melting!  It is so darn hot and humid here.  With a heat index
over 100 and no relief in sight, I wish I could melt, for real!

Weather is one battle I can do nothing about, but a friend of mine is fighting a different kind of battle, thus the theme for tonight's card.
She starts chemo next week after 2 surgeries to remove cancer.


Image and sentiment are both from ALM Fight Like a Girl from MFT.  I used EP Springtime dp (4 different patterns!), pink Michael's cs and my white cs for stamping.  Embossing was done with my Embossalicious 6x6 folder and I used a square die to cut the insert out of the pink dp so I could mount the image there.  I stamped the boxing gloves on scrap, colored them with Copics and Spicas for sparkle and then mounted them on the image to give them a little more depth.  I added pearls in the corners for a little more bling.

I am also entering the following challenges:

Sarah Hurley Challenge - pink sparkle
In the Pink - pink & pearlie
Southern Girls Challenge - no spoolin' (I used paper instead of ribbon)

Thanks for stopping by.  Margaret will have a treat for you tomorrow!

kathy b

8 comments:

  1. Oh she is going to love this card! Very nice--I really like the pastels...makes it feel so girly which I'm sure she needs right now! Beautiful paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice use of the dp, sentiment and brads! Thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls challenge!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant layout gorgeous image and colours have a great weekend Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Kathy. Nice layout and colours! Great use of DP instead of ribbon :-) Thanks for joining us over in our No spoolin' challenge at the Southern Girls XOX Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image, she's cute. Thanks for entering the challenge with Sarah Hurley this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card & such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at SGC!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card with a fab image... love the layout!

    Thanks for sharing at In The Pink this time.

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant card and so suitable for your friend, I wish her all the best.

    Thanks for joining in with us at the Sarah Hurley challenge.
    Claire x
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete