Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sympathy


Hi everyone!  The rain skipped us today, sans a light few showers, but should start again around midnight and continue to the weekend...oh boy!

I'm back today with a sympathy card.  
This is always a difficult card to make, so I try to have some on hand.


I used Ranger gold embossing powder and a background stamp (unmounted rubber - not sure what company) for the background.  This is a Cheery Lynn butterfly that Margaret gave me, using Wausau gold specialty paper.  I love this die because it shows so much detail.  I added 2 rhinestones to the center of the body. The sentiment, stamped with Encore Metallic Gold, is from Cornish Heritage Farms and I used an SU! punch and more specialty gold paper.  

I used Canson iridescent white for the backing of the butterfly.  You see what I am talking about in the next detail photo.


I am entering the following challenges:

The Perfect Sentiments - Sympathy/thinking of you
Inky CHicks - use a background stamp
Flutterby Wednesdays - flowers and butterfly/fairy

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b




5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely STUNNING. It took my breath away...I need to copy this one for sure. WOW...BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I find it really difficult to create such a card. But yours is fantastic. You´ve used wonderful colors, the design shows sypmathie and empathy and the butterfly gives a little bit of hope. I´m very impressed, Renata x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, Kathleen! Magnificent butterfly to set off the otherwise simple design. I'm so glad you played along in our "Sympathy or Thinking of You" challenge this week over at Perfect Sentiment. Good luck in the draw and please play again soon. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous design. Love the fabulous butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment. Good luck and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete