Sunday, February 10, 2013

SSS197-Happy Easter

Hello everyone,
Boy am I disappointed today.  There has been a winter weather advisory of up to 7 inches of snow for the Springs.  Mmmm, we got a sprinkling of about 0.1 inch last night (not kidding) and bright and sunny skies all day.  Mother Nature, I ask is this some sort of sick joke?  The kiddos have been anticipating a snow day for quite some time now.  LOL  Hopefully, something will happen tonight?  Not holding my breath...Apparently we are due for a big several foot whopper since we haven't had one of those in 10 years...still waiting....

So, today I've gotten a leg up on my Easter cards.  I haven't decided whether to give this to my daughter Claudia who happens to be particularly fond of this stamp or my parents...but Claudia may win out. :)  I've modeled the sketch after The Sweet Stop Challenge SSS197.  I really like this sketch...it is not too busy but has just a small touch to add elegance to it.  I tried to think outside of the box a little bit and hopefully it doesn't distract from the sketch too much.  (This was my second card of the day so my creative juices got the best of me).

There are two types of patterned papers (the middle is very faint) and although it's hard to see (due to the large image and paleness of white on pale pink), the scalloped edging is Martha Stewart.  The part that I am most excited about is this lovely image from Northwoods.  It is adorable!  I actually cut the egg and last bird out separately and popped it up with foam tape to give it a 3D zip.  I also added gloss to the egg and a little bit of flower soft to the bird to make him fuzzy.  (see detail below the regular card)  The purple paper is glitter.  I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.  The Sentiment is Stampin Up.  If I had a teeny one I'd put it up above the bird but of all the Happy Easter's I didn't quite have a little one to fit!

Well I hope you enjoyed today's creation and I thank you for stopping by.  Have a good rest of the week.  Margaret




3 comments:

  1. So jealous of all your glitter papers. Sure wish I had a stamp store here so I could have all your neat stuff! Love the card - give it to CLaudia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling Easter card, Margaret! Love the progression of the chick hatching and the glitter and shine! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Margaret. Love those images. The shiny eggs look perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete