Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Medallion

What a night!
I had a lot of problems getting my creativity out of my head and onto my cards.  I die cut several of my intricate dies more than once.  Changed my color scheme, more than once.  Cut my card base, more than once...you get the idea.

Well, finally I trashed it all and started totally over.  I decided to try to work with the stamp set that Margaret gave me for my birthday.  She had said she had problems using hers.  Tonight I seemed destined to work on problem situations, so why not?!  Here's the results:


I used Wassau specialty paper in gold for the background.  I used a Cheery Lynn Sunflower Doily die and placed it on top of the gold paper.  Then I stamped the JustRite Medallion border and center with Versamark twice on white and used Ranger gold detail embossing powder.  After heat embossing them, Nesties were used to cut them out and they were mounted on the 2 layers on top of the doily. 

This looks like a Margaret card, so I think I will send it to her to thank her for my birthday gifts!!!  So the evening wasn't a total disaster after all!

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Crafting for all seasons - dies and punches
Victorine Stamps - Stamp, Emboss & Embellish
Hiding in my craft - embossing

Time to go prepare for the ice storm heading our way.  Schmitzy needs to go outside before we go to bed, too!  Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! This is a spectacular card! I can't wait to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the problems you seemed to have to get it out, well it turned out amazing, Great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.

    ReplyDelete