Friday, January 11, 2013

Believe

My card today uses the Believe stamp set which is in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness from Verve. 
Once again, I am making a card based on thoughts of Schmitzy.
I believe he will heal.  I believe he will live.
I believe he will continue to be my DH's best buddy.

  
I stamped the image with Memento Rich Cocoa then colored it with 4 shades of pink Copics.  I used my NEW MFT dies for the fishtails, cs is from my stash.  I used a punch for the mini flowers.  Quick and simple!

Schmitzy is a little improved in one area and has developed a new eruption in yet another.  Reading vet blogs about this condition (allergic reaction to an antibiotic) are quite fascinating.  This is a very rare occurence and our poor baby had the misfortune of getting the antibiotic during his exploratory surgery.  The really good news is that he doesn't vomit anymore.

I used the sketch from CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge #7.

I am also entering the following challenge:

Quirky Crafts - pink and something new (MFT dies)

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous bloom! LOVE the way you've colored your images! So sorry to hear about your fur baby--hopes for a quick and SOON recovery! I'd love it if you'd come and join me at Inkspirational this week for our Photo Inkspiration challenge and also at Technique Tuesday for our monthly technique challenge! HUGS and happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this flower and all the shades of pink are coloured perfectly. Thank you for joining us on CAS-Colour and Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flower is Stunning on the black background and the effect is a super take on our sketch at CAS Colours and Sketches - thanks for playing along. Hope Schmitzy is back feeling himself again soon.

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your black and white cards are always so stunning with a splash of color. I particularly like the design, and how the little flowers repeat each other on the bottom of the card. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - I love the way you colored the flower. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete