Tuesday, December 25, 2012

'Tis the Season

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!
If you happen to be on the computer tonight, then our blog won't disappoint.  I remember when Kathy and I first started blog surfing we would anticipate every day for our favorite bloggers to post cards.  Between the two of us that is possible, even over the holidays.  Poor Kathy is sitting in the dark right now in Arkansas as a blizzard blows through, power is out.  They currently have 8 inches and counting.  In all the years I lived in Arkansas, we never had a blizzard, though we did accumulate 8 inches once.  I bet all those kiddies are super excited.

Well today I have a card that I made for Claudia.  I'm pleased with how it turned out.  I have to take special care when I make cards for the girls because they KNOW how much effort I put into them...they're so funny!  So there's ALOT going on in this card with many products used.  Here's the synopsis:


  • The snowman stamp is from Stampendous--he has loads of Stickles all over him
  • The tree die is Memory Box.  I first cut it out on green card stock, and then cut it out AGAIN on sparkly glitter paper.  I cut out the Sparkly Pink Flowers and glued them to the green card stock.  On top of the flowers, I also placed clear Swarovski crystals.  On the green petals I put splashes of green stickles.  There are little berries throughout and those are pink Swarovski's.  
  • Around the tree, I adhered Tinsel Twine by Jim Holtz.
  • The bird is cut from POW Glitter Paper by American Crafts and the die is Stampin Up.  His eye is a blue Swarovski.
  • You can barely see it, but at the bottom is an edging cut with a Martha Stewart punch.  The paper background is an old Me and My Big Ideas paper
  • The sentiment is Technique Tuesday.  I LOVE this set...they have wonderful Christmas Phrases. it is embossed.
  • All the objects are glued down with foam tape.
So there you have it...lots of 3D on this card, and lots of glitter.  I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and Holiday with family and/or friends.  Kathy and I are wishing you a peaceful evening as you snuggle in tonight.  Margaret



1 comment:

  1. So nice to be connected again, if only for an hour (we have to limit our generator usage so we can be sure to have enough fuel for the foreseeable future). Claudia will love this - perfect for her - lots going on and lots of sparkle and shine. Great job, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete