Thursday, December 27, 2012

Silver and gold, subtle yet bold

Hello once again everyone!  Well Kathy got her power back on and tomorrow I get to pick up my girls from the airport!  Then we'll get a chance to celebrate Christmas...finally!  I'm starting to fight a bug unfortunately...so send me some good wishes to get better so I can enjoy tomorrow.  It's my fault...been forgetting to take my vitamin D the last few days...it's my miracle preventive.

Well today, I am very excited to share with you one of the gifts that Kathy got for me for Christmas.  It is an embossing plate by Darice.  It is GORGEOUS.  I wanted to do something original with it so I took my Versamark and gently went over the embossed portions and then embossed with a silver satin embossing powder from Stampamania.  It came out BEAUTIFULLY except for a few spots which I strategically covered with a stamp and edging.  The circle die is Spellbinders as is the bottom edging.  The top edging is Martha Stewart with a POW Glitter paper strip adhered to it.  The stamp is Stampin Up and then there's a bunch of Swarovskis all over the card.  This embossing plate is so beautiful that it doesn't even need the embossing powder...it's probably the nicest one I own.

Enjoy!  Kathy will post tomorrow and then I'll take back over for the next several days.  My New Year's REsolution is to try to at least get into my art room once a week.  I will really try!



1 comment:

  1. If I weren't so tired, I'd be inspired. This is lovely! Glad you like the plate, now I need to use mine. Only getting half a night's sleep this entire Christmas break between Schmitz and the weather! I haven't been in my room since the 24th! Claudia's comments are inspiring me too. Thanks for the encouragement and feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete