Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gratitude to an angel

Hello everyone!
Well my girls are back...and content playing with their Christmas goodies.  It's good for things to be back to normal, even though the house now looks like a hurricane went through it.

Today I have a card that took just a few minutes to do--and I really like how it turned out.  I found in my stash a bunch of readily embossed cards that I purchased at Hobby Lobby years and years ago...back in 2008!  I used one of the stamps Kathy got me for my birthday. ( I love angels--there are not enough angel stamps out there--and this particular one is GORGEOUS.  It was purchased from an independent seller on Etsy: dragonflybuzz.  It stamps beautifully too)  And then I just took my Versamark to it and embossed it in Ranger's fine gold, and mounted it on a POW Glitter paper (cut with Spellbinders).  Then I just put it on front of the embossed card and voila...just a few minutes.  I actually embossed two other colors which I'll do some other things with it in the future.  But I wanted to just share this one with you.

I've been sick so not feeling well...this was perfect and I really love how elegant it turned out.  I thought of coloring it, but I think this is perfect.  The Ranger's fine gold is much prettier for such fine detailing than the stampendous embossing powder.  Will see you again tomorrow...thanks for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying your weekend, what is left of 2012.

Margaret

1 comment:

  1. Oh Margaret, that is lovely! Sometimes it is hard to buy stamps without seeing a product made with it, but this one turned out better than I expected! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete