Friday, July 27, 2012

The eagle is about to land

HI everyone,
This card has me laughing...it's not too fancy, but it sure has a story behind it.  Kathy and I were reminiscing about one of the summers when the girls got back from their dad's house.  We were going to surprise them with a trip to Red Mango and see Kathy, even before we got home.  Well, the first thing when they got off the plane was to ask whether we were going to go to Red Mango and see Miss Kathy.  I didn't want to give the surprise away so I said no, we don't have time.  Anyway, upon getting closer to Red Mango, I gave Kathy a call to let her know we are close.  Thinking I'm so slick, I told her, "The Eagle Has Landed."  Classic, classic.  THe girls looked at each other and said with smiles,  "We're going to Red Mango and see Miss Kathy."  They have been giving me grief over that til today...apparently I underestimated their intelligence. LOL
Thanks for dropping by -- Margaret

So in light of the eagle about to take off, I'm thinking Claudia is going to have a blast with her last summer card....



Stamps: MFT, Cat's Press, SU
Die Cut: MFT

No comments:

Post a Comment