Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hi Everyone,
I'm back after a short hiatus.  Work had me pretty slammed this week...I guess now with the fall semester just a short month away, things will start picking up in pace.

I am in the process of organizing my art area and one of my missions was to sort all my cards that I have received from Kathy and the girls into a more spacious box.  Well, upon doing so, I found a bunch of cards I made for my children and they brought a smile to my face as I recalled those good ol' times.

I thought I'd post one of them here.  It was a birthday card I made for  one of the girls.  It is Penny Black image (I love these little girls) and the Happy birthday sentiment is from an old Stampin up collection with some Swarovski Crystals in the middle.  The ribbon was a specialty ribbon from the local scrapbook store and I used Spellbinders to cut out the shapes.

Enjoy!  I hope to make something new this weekend to post tomorrow!  I will be enjoying my day sorting through things, putting together a desk for one of the girls and cleaning up my card area...we are finally FINALLY expecting some big storms today.  They've been getting a lot of them closer to town but not much where I live (yesterday was the first day since Kathy visited me)....we just get dumped with snow. LOL.  This should completely put out the 98% contained fire.  Well, I don't want to say anymore as I don't want to make Kathy jealous with her heat wave going on in Arkansas...she just might melt.  I hope not!  Margaret  :)


1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love the different colors of crystals! Wish we still had the LSS for ribbon & lace. Miss that, and of course, shopping together! Guess it's good they closed since going there alone just isn;t the same!

    ReplyDelete