Tuesday, July 10, 2012

For My Little Merman

Hi everyone!
I was so touched to see everyone's lovely comments on the Magnolia card I posted yesterday.  Thank you so much!  It was such a nice surprise after a day that was truly quite stressful.  YOU all made my day, literally!

So you may be wondering about the title of my card today.  This card is for my godson Owen.  Owen is fascinated with Mermaids, much to his father's concern. LOL  Owen is my friend's son--we have been friends since college.  His mother has quite the imagination, so he comes by it honestly.  He is one of those kids that when you look at his face, you see a really old soul staring back at you.  Lots of wisdom...and apparently creativity.  I thought this Mermaid Tilda was fitting for him...  He is only 7...I'm sure that he'll get through this phase just fine--though we are going on several years now of this phase.  I hope one day I can get him addicted to stamping, unfortunately, he lives near Washington DC....quite a distance.  I'm sure his dad is relieved about that. :)

This card is another Magnolia.  However, I've also used Hero Arts stamps and Imaginisce stamps for the sea creatures.  The little bubbles are little plastic pebbles I had purchased at Michaels in their faux plants section...Tilda has a lot of stickles all over her to make her sparkle...and she is popped up with foam tape.  The edging is a Martha Stewart punch.  The background is just paint and another Magnolia stamp of the seaweed.

I will be entering this card into the Pile it On Challenge #28: It's a Shore Thing  Enjoy!  Thanks for stopping by. Margaret


3 comments:

  1. This is an adorable mermaid - love the plastic pebbles you used - makes a fun card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card!!!! Thank-you for participating in PILE IT ON challenge blog this week! Hope to see you again next week!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete