Monday, July 16, 2012

Everything Happens For a Reason

Hi everyone!
Thanks to Margaret for posting for me while I was busy making a baby afghan in record time.  You see, I began working from home 2 days a week and going to the office 2 days a week in December.  Apparently I am missing all the office gossip.  At a birthday lunch for my assistant last week, I learned that one of the women I have worked with for a dozen years is having a grandchild next month.  Then I learned that the shower is this week and that my friend is flying to the out-of-state location on Thursday.  My office manager says this happened because when I am in the office, I work ALL the time, with no time for visiting.  I guess she is right!  So here is the finished product:


I had hoped to buy pink yarn, but they didn't have enough of the same dye lot so I ended up with yellow.  My normal days in the office are Monday & Thursday, but I switched to Tuesday to make sure I had finished the blanket!!!

Okay, now for today's card.  The sketch is from MFT Wednesday challenge.


The main stamp is from the Tim Holtz line at Stamper's Anonymous.  The tab sentiment is a peg stamp from Inkadinkado.  CS is DCWV and DP is from Cosmo Cricket Material Girl.  Tab die is from MFT and zigzag is Papertrey, with buttons from Basic Grey. 

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b


1 comment:

  1. Love the blanket--would love to have the "recipe". Love the card too...I don't know what it is about red and green...I just love it, Christmasy or not

    ReplyDelete